From: Yikuo Chan on
I am curious about how many e-mail that has been received per session on my
postfix mail server , can I got those information from log files ? if not is
there are any way to got this kind of information ? any idea ?

thanks

Kevin Chan
From: Wietse Venema on
Yikuo Chan:
> I am curious about how many e-mail that has been received per session on my
> postfix mail server , can I got those information from log files ? if not is
> there are any way to got this kind of information ? any idea ?

The Postfix SMTP server logs a lot of things about SMTP mail
transactions, but it does not log the number of SMTP mail transactions
within the same SMTP session. You can determine that number from the
"connect from", "client=" and "disconnect from" logfile records that
have the same smtpd process ID field.

Wietse

From: Yikuo Chan on
Hi Wietse :