From: ARsenthil on
Hello All,

We have Sendmail running in our email relay servers on Solaris 10
boxes on internet.

User’s email boxes are located in Exchange servers internally; the
real users are in Exchange AD environment.

So Sendmail will relay emails to internet and accept emails from
internet.

Is there any possibility to integrate sendmail to check from AD while
“rcpt to:” is issued to verify whether the user is available or not.

If not reject at relay server itself, this will help us reducing the
unwanted emails.

Thanks very much for your help on this.

Regards,

AR.Senthilkumar
From: ska on
ARsenthil wrote:

> User’s email boxes are located in Exchange servers internally; the
> real users are in Exchange AD environment.
>
> Is there any possibility to integrate sendmail to check from AD while
> “rcpt to:” is issued to verify whether the user is available or not.

Well, if you crawl the archives, you will find several ways.

E.g.:
a) use LDAP maps to directly access the AD, most propably using the
"virtuser" feature. Then reject all addresses, that fails this check.
b) Export the addresses into a text file, maybe manipulating it, and
use it as virtuser map or maybe accessdb.
c) use a milter

Regards, -ska
From: Erich Titl on
at 26.07.2010 16:29, ARsenthil wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have Sendmail running in our email relay servers on Solaris 10
> boxes on internet.
>
> User�s email boxes are located in Exchange servers internally; the
> real users are in Exchange AD environment.
>
> So Sendmail will relay emails to internet and accept emails from
> internet.
>
> Is there any possibility to integrate sendmail to check from AD while
> �rcpt to:� is issued to verify whether the user is available or not.

sure, use LDAP. The archive holds details about that.

cheers

Erich