From: Craig L. Craig on
I recently got a file and now, my top menu functions are only; FILE - WINDOW
- HELP. What happened to the tools and other functions that used to be on the
top menu?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

It sounds like the file contained macros that has disabled them.

Look here

http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm
--
Mike

question.

From: Chip Pearson on
Right-click anywhere up in the menu/toolbar area and choose Customize
from the popup menu. There, choose the Toolbars tab. Scroll down to
the end of the list and select "Worksheet Menu Bar". Click the Reset
button. It might be the case that the workbook in question has code
that manipulates the command bars. Press ALT F11 to open the VBA
editor. On the left side of the screen should be the Project window.
Press CTRL R if it is not there. In that window, find your workbook
and expand all the tree view nodes by clicking the "+" signs. Double
click the ThisWorkbook module to open it for editing. In that module,
look for

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
' some code
End Sub

This is the likely place that the menu modification code would be.
Unless there is a good read to keep it, delete it and save the file.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010