From: Dania.N.Khan on
hello all,
I have a Toshiba Satellite 1415-s173 and I am trying to get the Fn
keys to work, I have installed the "Toshiba Control Tools", as
instructed by toshiba, however there is an issue, at start up FncKy.exe
fails to load because thci.dll is not found, can anyone provide me with
a fix.

From: Dania.N.Khan on
I am notorious for solving my own problems on posts, okay the solution
for me was:

1) download the THCI.dll from a site on google (there are hundreds of
sites the provide dll's), save it to the root folder of the FncKy.exe
utility. For me its C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls

2) Goto Toshiba's support site
(http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp) and
select the model of laptop you have. Click on downloads, and look for a
file titled: "Toshiba ACPI Common Modules" (it will probably have
verson stuff on the end of it).

3) install the file that we just downloaded and restart the computer

I hope this helps someone

From: Quaoar on
Dania.N.Khan(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I am notorious for solving my own problems on posts, okay the solution
> for me was:
>
> 1) download the THCI.dll from a site on google (there are hundreds of
> sites the provide dll's), save it to the root folder of the FncKy.exe
> utility. For me its C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls
>
> 2) Goto Toshiba's support site
> (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp) and
> select the model of laptop you have. Click on downloads, and look for a
> file titled: "Toshiba ACPI Common Modules" (it will probably have
> verson stuff on the end of it).
>
> 3) install the file that we just downloaded and restart the computer
>
> I hope this helps someone

Thanks for this. Probably only one in one hundred posters who find the
solution will post it. Google Groups is replete with failed responses,
and I assume that many of the OPs actually found the solution. Your
solution might well be irrelevant today, but will pay dividends for
others in the future.

From: pauly on
The future has arrived, tks, my ebay purchased 1415-s115 that just
arrived was in need of its version of that file. Will go get it now.