From: Jon on
Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:

1 Contactor:
*120vac coil
*2 N.O. 60amp contacts
*2 N.O. 15amp contacts
*2 N.C. 15amp contacts
1 Relay:
*120vac coil
*3 N.C. 15amp contacts
1 Relay:
*240vac coil
*1 N.O. 15amp coil
1 Capacitor
*7.5UF, 370vac

http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I
post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not
for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far
so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit
works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think
they know.

From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:27:59 -0400, "Jon" <jon8338(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:
>
>1 Contactor:
> *120vac coil
> *2 N.O. 60amp contacts
> *2 N.O. 15amp contacts
> *2 N.C. 15amp contacts
>1 Relay:
> *120vac coil
> *3 N.C. 15amp contacts
>1 Relay:
> *240vac coil
> *1 N.O. 15amp coil
>1 Capacitor
> *7.5UF, 370vac
>
>http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>
>I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I
>post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not
>for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far
>so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit
>works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think
>they know.

Naaaah! We're just keeping a log of how many times you've been
advised against this endeavor. When you finally destroy property, or
worse yet, injure or kill someone, we can file an amicus brief with
the court asserting the willfulness of your act.

As you well know I already traced your location and snail-mailed a
complaint to your county management. They haven't responded. So I'll
hold them culpable also when this thing (literally) blows up :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in
politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.
From: PeterD on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:27:59 -0400, "Jon" <jon8338(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:
>
>1 Contactor:
> *120vac coil
> *2 N.O. 60amp contacts
> *2 N.O. 15amp contacts
> *2 N.C. 15amp contacts
>1 Relay:
> *120vac coil
> *3 N.C. 15amp contacts
>1 Relay:
> *240vac coil
> *1 N.O. 15amp coil
>1 Capacitor
> *7.5UF, 370vac
>
>http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>
>I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I
>post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not
>for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far
>so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit
>works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think
>they know.

Again, it doesn't meet any of the requirements for a transfer switch.
None. You have no contacts between the load and the main power feed,
which you MUST have.

Why are you so clueless and stubborn about this? We've told you over
and over what is required, but you insist on creating Rube Goldburg
contraptions that at best might never work and mostly are likely to
fail and kill someone.

I'd strongly recommend you learn how a capacitor works in an AC
circuit...
From: Tim Wescott on
On 07/03/2010 01:06 PM, PeterD wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:27:59 -0400, "Jon"<jon8338(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
>> Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:
>>
>> 1 Contactor:
>> *120vac coil
>> *2 N.O. 60amp contacts
>> *2 N.O. 15amp contacts
>> *2 N.C. 15amp contacts
>> 1 Relay:
>> *120vac coil
>> *3 N.C. 15amp contacts
>> 1 Relay:
>> *240vac coil
>> *1 N.O. 15amp coil
>> 1 Capacitor
>> *7.5UF, 370vac
>>
>> http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>>
>> I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I
>> post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not
>> for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far
>> so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit
>> works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think
>> they know.
>
> Again, it doesn't meet any of the requirements for a transfer switch.
> None. You have no contacts between the load and the main power feed,
> which you MUST have.
>
> Why are you so clueless and stubborn about this? We've told you over
> and over what is required, but you insist on creating Rube Goldburg
> contraptions that at best might never work and mostly are likely to
> fail and kill someone.
>
> I'd strongly recommend you learn how a capacitor works in an AC
> circuit...

Y'know, if it's a troll it's being remarkably effective.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

From: Cydrome Leader on
Tim Wescott <tim(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 01:06 PM, PeterD wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:27:59 -0400, "Jon"<jon8338(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Build a Transfer Circuit for a 10 kw generator using the following parts:
>>>
>>> 1 Contactor:
>>> *120vac coil
>>> *2 N.O. 60amp contacts
>>> *2 N.O. 15amp contacts
>>> *2 N.C. 15amp contacts
>>> 1 Relay:
>>> *120vac coil
>>> *3 N.C. 15amp contacts
>>> 1 Relay:
>>> *240vac coil
>>> *1 N.O. 15amp coil
>>> 1 Capacitor
>>> *7.5UF, 370vac
>>>
>>> http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>>>
>>> I observe that you found my address on my web site and that you discovered I
>>> post to other newsgroups. There's nothing wrong with that, not for me, not
>>> for you. I've been building and testing this circuit as I go along. So far
>>> so good. There's probably a few of you who understand how this circuit
>>> works. The rest don't and are just taking pot shots at me as if they think
>>> they know.
>>
>> Again, it doesn't meet any of the requirements for a transfer switch.
>> None. You have no contacts between the load and the main power feed,
>> which you MUST have.
>>
>> Why are you so clueless and stubborn about this? We've told you over
>> and over what is required, but you insist on creating Rube Goldburg
>> contraptions that at best might never work and mostly are likely to
>> fail and kill someone.
>>
>> I'd strongly recommend you learn how a capacitor works in an AC
>> circuit...
>
> Y'know, if it's a troll it's being remarkably effective.

I doubt it's a troll, but I don't see why people keep cutting this project
down- it's interesting to see it evolve.

The new capacitor is fascinating.