From: markp on
Hi All,

I'm looking for simple to drive, and cheap, transformer design software that
can cope with saturable cores and various types of construction (e.g. 3
legged version with windings on both outer limbs and the inner limb, such is
used in saturable core reactors).

Basically I want to just input some standard parameters such as VA rating,
turns ratio, output inductance ranges (for a saturable core) etc. and for
the software to generate a design file for a manufacturer to convert into a
real transformer. Even better if it produces a SPICE or LTSpice model to
simulate with.

Anyone know of a such software? I've heard of Intusoft's Magnetics Designer
but this is a bit expensive and looks pretty complicated to drive.

Thanks!
Mark.