From: terry.widdowson on
Hi,

I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer are:

110V 230V 16V 25VA
TPL60V003K
TKP0228-394

Any ideas where I could get a replacement?

Many thanks,

Terry

From: Dave Plowman (News) on
In article <1146669656.369488.244190(a)j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<terry.widdowson(a)btopenworld.com> wrote:
> I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
> info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer are:

> 110V 230V 16V 25VA
> TPL60V003K
> TKP0228-394

Unusual voltage. Is it from a battery charger?

--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *

Dave Plowman dave(a)davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
From: GregS on
In article <1146669656.369488.244190(a)j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, terry.widdowson(a)btopenworld.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
>info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer are:
>
>110V 230V 16V 25VA
>TPL60V003K
>TKP0228-394
>
>Any ideas where I could get a replacement?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Terry

What voltage are you feeding it. Sounds like the other half of the winding should still be
opperating. I would try Radio Shack since I think I got
one around that voltage as I remember.

greg
From: PJ on

<terry.widdowson(a)btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:1146669656.369488.244190(a)j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
> info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer are:
>
> 110V 230V 16V 25VA
> TPL60V003K
> TKP0228-394
>
> Any ideas where I could get a replacement?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Terry

If the winding isn't burned to a crisp, check to see if there is a blown fuse under the tape around the winding. Very
common....Paul