From: Joel on
Has anyone noticed any performance impact to their HUB after they created
Transport Rules?

I have a group of people who can't send email to the internet, so I was
going to create a transport rule to stop these messages. I was warned that
this might put too much extra load on my hub and will slow down message
delivery.

I am running Exchange 2007, SP1.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:56:17 -0700, Joel
<Joel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Has anyone noticed any performance impact to their HUB after they created
>Transport Rules?
>
>I have a group of people who can't send email to the internet, so I was
>going to create a transport rule to stop these messages. I was warned that
>this might put too much extra load on my hub and will slow down message
>delivery.

I suppose that depends on how many transport rules you use and how
many messages pass through the server.

Everything has a cost, but if that cost is a 50ms delay would anyone
notice?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP