From: Doan Winkel on
Hi -

I have a column with about 25,000+ rows in Excel 2007, and need to somehow
get this transposed into a row (so with 25,000+ columns). I have tried to do
this with the TRANSPOSE function using Ctrl-C and using the Paste drop-down
menu and selecting the Transpose option. But I get an error message that the
copy area and paste area are not the same size. I presume this is because I
cannot paste across 25,000+ columns?

Basically, in the end, what I want to have is a list of each cell with a
semicolon after each but am just not sure how to do this. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doan
From: Alejandro Medinilla "elMedex" on
Hello

Have you tried with Concatenate formula??

lets pretend that you have all your values in colum A
from A1 to A[N]
so on B1 use this fomula

=A1
and on b2 this one
=CONCATENATE(B1,";",A2)
and copy the formula until B[N]

so you have an output like this
A B
1 a a
2 b a;b
3 c a;b;c
4 d a;b;c;d
5 e a;b;c;d;e
6 f a;b;c;d;e;f

Hope it works

Regards

elMedex

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Doan

XL2007 has a limit of 16,384 columns so you cannot do that.

You could select 16,000 rows, copy>Patse Special>Transpose and then
select the other 9,000 rows and do the same thing on a different row.
--
Regards
Roger Govier