From: Marek G. on
Hi all , I have big trouble with impersonate IIS and SQL 2008 . I connect to
the iis where I set the ASP.NET Impersonate and I want connect to the sql
server with user credetionals . And there is trouble . SQL server run in the
win 2008R2 cluster ... I try set delegation in the Active directory on the
cluster server and in the cluster application .... Not work :-( . Connect to
the SQL server with anonymous user :-( . Why ????
thank you form answer

marek

From: Andy O'Neill on

"Marek G." <grolms(a)volny.cz> wrote in message
> Hi all , I have big trouble with impersonate IIS and SQL 2008 . I connect
> to the iis where I set the ASP.NET Impersonate and I want connect to the
> sql server with user credetionals . And there is trouble . SQL server run
> in the win 2008R2 cluster ... I try set delegation in the Active directory
> on the cluster server and in the cluster application .... Not work :-( .
> Connect to the SQL server with anonymous user :-( . Why ????
> thank you form answer
>
> marek
Double hop.
User credentials are only passed once unless you use kerberos.
So they get to the web server and that's as far as they're going.
Most web apps don't rely on impersonation for this reason.

From: Marek G. on
Oki and how i set the double hop ??? The app is domain application ...

From: Andy O'Neill on

> Oki and how i set the double hop ??? The app is domain application ...

Client to web server = 1 hop.
Web server to sql server = 2 hop.

Pages: 1
Prev: Validators