From: Michael on
Create a new self signed digital signature. After you
apply your self-signed signature (from the Visual Basic
-> Tools -> Digital Signature... menu, save and close
the spreadsheet.

When you re-open the spreadsheet you will see the
following message below the ribbon/menu bar: Security
Warning Data Connections have been disabled. Click the
Options button. Click the "Trust all documents from
this publisher" radio button and submit. Macros will
now work and will continue to work on subsequent uses.

Michael Fuller wrote:

VBA Digital Signature not working
25-Apr-10

Have you found a solution to this yet? I have the same exact problem except I did not upgrade. I purchased a new computer in March with OS of Windows 7 Home Premium
(x64) and didgital signatures do not work as you indicate in your problem description. On my old computer was running Vista I did not have a problem. On the new computer, whether I create a brand new spreadsheet with a macro and ditially sign it with a local certificate, or I apply my digiital signature to a spreadsheet I copied from my old computer, I can not use the macros.

Another difference from your posting is that if I change Excel to trust all macros it does work, but I prefer not to leave this option enabled.

Thanks,
Mike

On Friday, December 04, 2009 10:54 PM
Phuelgod wrote:

VBA Digital Signature not working
I have used VBA macros with Excel2007 with no problem until two days ago when I
upgraded from Windows Vista Home Ultimate (x64) to Windows 7 Home Premium
(x64). Since then, I can only get my macros to work one way...

If I open the workbook directly and try to run the macro, I get an error
saying the macros are disabled. It does not give me the warning asking if I
want to enable the content. The macro is signed with a local certificate,
and I have verified the certificate is trusted and in the trusted root
certificate store. My macro security is set to disable all macros except
digitally signed macros. If I change it to trust all macros, it still
does not work.

If I open Excel and change my settings to trust all macros, I can then open
the file and the macros run normally. I can even change the macro security
setting back to disable all macros except digitally signed macros, and the
macros still work. If I do not change the macro settings prior to opening the
file, the macros are disabled.

How do I get the macros to run upon opening the file normally (for example,
from my recent documents list or my documents folder), without having to go
through the additional steps of opening excel and changing the macro settings?

Thanks for the help.

--
Frank

"Do or do not; There is no try"
-Yoda

On Sunday, April 25, 2010 12:01 PM
Michael Fuller wrote:

VBA Digital Signature not working
Have you found a solution to this yet? I have the same exact problem except I did not upgrade. I purchased a new computer in March with OS of Windows 7 Home Premium
(x64) and didgital signatures do not work as you indicate in your problem description. On my old computer was running Vista I did not have a problem. On the new computer, whether I create a brand new spreadsheet with a macro and ditially sign it with a local certificate, or I apply my digiital signature to a spreadsheet I copied from my old computer, I can not use the macros.

Another difference from your posting is that if I change Excel to trust all macros it does work, but I prefer not to leave this option enabled.

Thanks,
Mike

On Monday, May 24, 2010 6:39 AM
Michael Fuller wrote:

Try this
Create a new self signed digital signature. After you apply your self-signed signature (from the Visual Basic -> Tools -> Digital Signature... menu, save and close the spreadsheet.

When you re-open the spreadsheet you will see the following message below the ribbon/menu bar: Security Warning Data Connections have been disabled. Click the Options button. Click the "Trust all documents from this publisher" radio button and submit. Macros will now work and will continue to work on subsequent uses.

Parallel Programming in C# 4.0: A Short Synopsis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/047afdf6-61ab-4b85-9204-b0f20bdc955a/parallel-programming-in-c.aspx