From: Steven D'Aprano on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:16:29 -0700, Νίκος wrote:

>>On 2 Αύγ, 03:52, Steven D'Aprano <steve-REMOVE-T...(a)cybersource.com.au>
>>wrote:
>
>> Neither do I. What makes you think there is an error? What sort of
>> error? Do you get a core dump, an exception, or something else?
>>
>> Please report what you get, and what you expect, and how they are
>> different.
>
> Hello Steven,
>
> Here is the script when it tries to run from my remote web server:
> http://www.webville.gr/cgi-bin/koukos.py
>
> Its seems the error is in this line of code, somwthing with time.
>
> 19 cookie['visitor'] = ( 'nikos', time() + 60*60*24*365 )
> #this cookie will expire in an year

What error? Please copy and paste (do not retype) the entire error you
get.

--
Steven

From: Νίκος on
If you just click in my web page to see the script run in action due
to the cgitb module i use it will provide you both the source code
that the error appears and the error as well.

All you have to do is click here: http://www.webville.gr/cgi-bin/koukos.py

As for the encoding why when i print greek characters they dont appear
correctly in chrome in runtime?
From: Steven D'Aprano on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:39:34 -0700, Νίκος wrote:

> If you just click in my web page to see the script run in action due to
> the cgitb module i use it will provide you both the source code that the
> error appears and the error as well.
>
> All you have to do is click here:
> http://www.webville.gr/cgi-bin/koukos.py

I'll do this just once, but next time, don't expect others to track down
the error message for you. We're volunteers, we don't owe you anything,
so if you want us to help, you make it easy for us. Some people have
access to email, but not web. If you can't be bothered to copy and paste
the error message into an email or news post, why should we be bothered
to help you?

The error you are getting is:

NameError: name 'time' is not defined

That tells you that you don't have a function called time() defined
anywhere. You need to import the time module first:

import time

and then use the fully qualified function name time.time(), or do:

from time import time

and then use the function alone time().

> As for the encoding why when i print greek characters they dont appear
> correctly in chrome in runtime?

What encoding does the web page claim to be?

You need to check the document encoding, and see that it matches the
document encoding you are actually using.

--
Steven
From: Νίκος on
Steven,

First of all thank you for your response. I cant beleive i neglected
to import the time module!

The only reason that i asked you guys to follow the link was for you
to see the actualt coding and error report as python produces it by
itself with all the relative characteristics. Of course it was not due
to boredom and there was no need to be aggresive with me as this
wasn't the case. I thouigh that by giving the URL was easier for you
guys.

Now the script runs but for some reason only the code block within the
'else' tun each time:

This:
else:
print "ΑΠΟ ΔΩ ΚΑΙ ΣΤΟ ΕΞΗΣ ΔΕΝ ΣΕ ΕΙΔΑ, ΔΕΝ ΣΕ ΞΕΡΩ, ΔΕΝ ΣΕ ΑΚΟΥΣΑ!
ΘΑ ΕΙΣΑΙ ΠΛΕΟΝ Ο ΑΟΡΑΤΟΣ ΕΠΙΣΚΕΠΤΗΣ!!"
cookie['visitor'] = ( 'nikos', time() + 60*60*24*365 ) #this cookie
will expire in an year

The cookie is only get set and never expires

i changed the if with this

if os.environ.get('HTTP_COOKIE') and cookie.has_key('visitor') ==
'nikos': #if visitor cookie exist

but still no luck.

As for the encoding Notepad++, which is what i use for an editor say
its UTF-8 without BOM.

Isn't this what i'm supposed to use?

My Python scripts only containes english and greek letters, so i
though usign UTF-8 is the way to go. No?! Please if you explain to me
in greater detail!
From: Νίκος on
Hello, any ideas?!