From: Jim Trigg on
Are there any examples of how to use the USERS functionality together
with the SHAREOWN functionality in a port makefile? I'm working on
updating the ecartis port to use standard functionality for its user
ID, but can't seem to tell how to make sure that the USERS are created
before files are installed, and that installed files are then owned by
the user that is created.

Thanks,
Jim

From: Jason on
On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 05:28:50PM -0400, Jim Trigg thus spake:
>Are there any examples of how to use the USERS functionality together
>with the SHAREOWN functionality in a port makefile? I'm working on
>updating the ecartis port to use standard functionality for its user
>ID, but can't seem to tell how to make sure that the USERS are created
>before files are installed, and that installed files are then owned by
>the user that is created.

Not sure of examples but if you use
USERS= me
GROUPS= ${USERS}

When you install, it will first check/install the users.

If you note:
SHAREOWN=me
SHAREGRP=${SHAREOWN}

It will then install the files with this ownership if you are using the install
macro that use these variables (ie. COPYTREE_SHARE)

Take a look at bsd.port.mk. It's all in there.

Hope this helps!

>Thanks,
>Jim