From: ced on 27 May 2010 16:31
Tryton is a three-tiers high-level general purpose application
platform under the license GPL-3 written in Python and using
PostgreSQL as main database engine.
It is the core base of a complete business solution providing
modularity, scalability and security.
This new release comes with the support of MySQL and various
improvements and polishing of the framework. As always database
migration is ensured from any previous version. This release also
marks the end of support for the 1.0 series.
The most noteworthy new features are:
- The add of MySQL support as DBMS
- Some new modules:
- Calendar Scheduling
- Project Plan
- The Russian translation
- The security enforcement with fingerprint and CA checks for SSL
- The introduction of PYSON for dynamic domain
- The add of JSON-RPC protocol
- The lazy load of fields in Export/Import windows
- The usage of python-dateutil instead of egenix-mx-base
- A versioned configuration directory for the client
- A bundle of Neso (standalone version of Tryton) for MacOSX
- The digits validation on numeric fields
- The usage of singleton model for various sequences configuration
- Some speed improvements of the report engine
A more complete list of the new features on: http://www.tryton.org/news.html#d2010-05-17
Prev: dbf files and indexes
Next: ElementTree write creates large one line XML file ....