From: Gord Dibben on
Like pulling teeth<g>

"Cannot change" to me means "locked"

Locked means sheet protection must be applied.

When you save at end of day you can run event code to look down column A and
find today's date or earlier.

Then lock the cells in column C

Does that work for you?

First select all cells on Sheet1 and clear the "locked" property.

Then paste this code into Thisworkbook module.

Dim c As Range
Dim rng1 As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")
Set rng1 = ws.Range(Cells(1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
ws.Unprotect Password:="justme"
For Each c In rng1
If c.Value = Date Or c.Value < Date Then
c.Offset(0, 2).Locked = True
Else: c.Offset(0, 2).Locked = False
End If
Next
ws.Protect Password:="justme"
ThisWorkbook.Save 'save no ask
End Sub

Gord

From: Michael Lanier on
Gord,

Thanks for your patience and help. It appears to be working.

Michael
From: Gord Dibben on
Thanks

Post back if need more help on this subject.

Gord

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:40:56 -0700 (PDT), Michael Lanier