From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
shapper wrote:

> Any idea why the centers list on bottom of the map gets all strange
> when using IE7?

The browser is probably in Quirks Mode, because of your use of the XHTML
Strict doctype, and including an XML Prolog as the first line.

Since your server is sending the page as "text/html" rather than
application/xhtml+xml, what is your purpose for using XHTML in the first
place?

http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

> I validated the HTML and CSS from the web site running on my localhost
> and everything is validated. I have no idea why the HTML validation
> does not work on the server.

What procedure/software are you using to validate?

--
-bts
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
shapper wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> shapper wrote:
>>> Any idea why the centers list on bottom of the map gets all strange
>>> when using IE7?
>>
>> The browser is probably in Quirks Mode, because of your use of the
>> XHTML Strict doctype, and including an XML Prolog as the first line.
>>
>> Since your server is sending the page as "text/html" rather than
>> application/xhtml+xml, what is your purpose for using XHTML in the
>> first place?
>>
>> http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

Did you look at the XHTML 1.0 test?

>>> I validated the HTML and CSS from the web site running on my
>>> localhost and everything is validated. I have no idea why the HTML
>>> validation does not work on the server.
>>
>> What procedure/software are you using to validate?
>
> To validate I am using Firefox Web Developer Addon. When I validate
> on local it works fine. On the server it does not work.

Can't say. Are you using IIS 7 at home?

> But should I change something on my page head without needing to
> change the Doctype to Html strict?

Depends on how you construct the pages. How hard will it be to change to
HTML 4.01 Strict?

--
-bts
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
shapper wrote:

>> Did you look at the XHTML 1.0 test?

Still no answer?

>>> But should I change something on my page head without needing to
>>> change the Doctype to Html strict?
>>
>> Depends on how you construct the pages. How hard will it be to
>> change to HTML 4.01 Strict?
>
> A few of the ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Html Helpers do not validated on HTML
> only on XHTML. I am planing to develop new ones but for the moment
> time is a problem.
>
> This is why I am using XHTML.

Ah, so you are using some sort of WYSIWYG product to produce your pages.
Well, I've never met one of those that created valid pages without a lot
of extra work.

--
-bts