From: Gorge on
Hi Guys,

I have a business that is merging with another business. Eventually everyone
is going to be on a new domain, but for the time being I have to do
something to bridge the gap. Both customers are running Windows 2003 with
Exchange servers. They are buying a new domain for email, and I was going to
link both domains using a trust over a vpn. I've never done this with two
exchanges in an organization before.

Questions

1) Can two different exchanges co exist in the domain together?
2) Can all the users share email address across the two domains? IE:

Customer A has
abc(a)abc.com

Customer B has

abc(a)abc2.com

They want to create
abc(a)abc3.com

Thoughts on how this can be achieved would be welcomed.

From: M on
Hello:

This is a good place to start:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-2003-SMTP-Namespace-Sharing.html.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

"Gorge" <gorge(a)gorge.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a business that is merging with another business. Eventually
> everyone
> is going to be on a new domain, but for the time being I have to do
> something to bridge the gap. Both customers are running Windows 2003 with
> Exchange servers. They are buying a new domain for email, and I was going
> link both domains using a trust over a vpn. I've never done this with two
> exchanges in an organization before.
>
> Questions
>
> 1) Can two different exchanges co exist in the domain together?
> 2) Can all the users share email address across the two domains? IE:
>
> Customer A has
> abc(a)abc.com
>
> Customer B has
>
> abc(a)abc2.com
>
> They want to create
> abc(a)abc3.com
>
> Thoughts on how this can be achieved would be welcomed.

Pages: 1
Prev: IT
Next: Disappearing Content in Outlook