From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Hillo,

I oftenly don't use GPS (I use a markup driven outlining editor instead),
so I'm not a GPS guru.

I have an expected behavior with the editor : in the configuration, Edit
-> Preferences -> Editor -> Ada, I have disabled the check box “Use
tabulations”, to not have tab characters and just spaces. For
“continuation lines”, “Record indentations”, “Conditional continuation
lines” and “Default indentation”, I have set 3 spaces, for all.

Despite of that, when I hit the tab key, the editor still input a
tabulation characters, moreover, this tabulation is 8 characters wide.

The three spaces (with no tab characters), only occurs when the editor do
automatic indent.

Did I miss something in the configuration or is this the expected behavior
?

The second question, is related to SPARK integration (I came back to GPS
for SPARK, which is more handy than from the command line) : when I do
SPARK -> POGS, a summary file is opened in GPS (OK). If then I do SPARK ->
Examine File, then SPARK complains it cannot find my index file, although
the configuration specifies the good file name. It only occurs after an
invokation of POGS. If I close GPS then re-open it, the Examine File
command works as expected (as it does all the time, if no POGS command was
executed before).

Is it a known issue ? Should I submit a report for that or not ? (I will
look at the files used for SPARK integration into GPS, to see if i can
correct it)

Have a nice day
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Le Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:26:07 +0200, Alexander Senier <mail(a)senier.net> a
écrit:

Hi Alex,
> To get the desired behavior, you have to assign the tab key to the
> "Editor -> Insert Tab With Spaces" action in the key shortcuts
> dialog (Edit -> Key Shortcuts). At least in GPS 4.4.1 this substitutes
> tabs by spaces also on manual indentations.
Confirmed, it works (on GPS 4.3.1)

I was lucky you were there, otherwise I would not have though to look in
Edit -> Key Shortcuts.

Have a sweet day!

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.
--# check C and WhoKnowWhat and YouKnowWho;
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Le Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:20:45 +0200, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duchene(a)yahoo.fr> a écrit:
> The second question, is related to SPARK integration (I came back to GPS
> for SPARK, which is more handy than from the command line) : when I do
> SPARK -> POGS, a summary file is opened in GPS (OK). If then I do SPARK
> -> Examine File, then SPARK complains it cannot find my index file,
> although the configuration specifies the good file name. It only occurs
> after an invokation of POGS. If I close GPS then re-open it, the Examine
> File command works as expected (as it does all the time, if no POGS
> command was executed before).

About this one, I've found a track : the current directory is changed when
POGS is executed. So if the index file is not specified using an absolute
path, then the Examine File command do not find it anymore.

Probably there is a way to fix it, and this suggest a workaround : always
use an absolute path for SPARK index file (may not be nice if one want a
GPR file with relative paths only, while this can be acceptable)