From: Terry Reedy on
On 5/24/2010 2:52 PM, Jesse McDonnell wrote:
> I'm attempting to install Powerline http://code.google.com/p/powerline/,
> a computer reservation software based on CherryPy/Python using a MYSql
> database, at my local library and I've run up against an error that I
> cannot google my way out of! The google groups for the application is
> inactive so I'm posting on here in the hope that I can get some pointers
> to get me beyond this issue. Any suggestions/pointers will be greatly
> appreciated.

Honestly, unless you find a Python+Powerline expert who will help, I
suggest that you delete Powerline and look for something else. The most
recent release is an alpha release over 2 years old. Except for the Feb
2010 wiki updates, the project appears to be dead. Even if someone
helped you past this, there is no evidence that the fix would applied
back to the codebase. And what about the next bug or problem?

Otherwise, sign in and submit a new issue on the project tracker, with
just your command line, empty config response, and traceback (if
allowed, I do not know) and see if you get a response.

Terry Jan Reedy