From: siljaline on
<preamble>
TalkTalk has branded U2 ** windbag Bono's *** intervention in the debate over illegal filesharing "outrageous", after he said efforts to block child pornography showed ISPs should be doing more to protect intellectual property.

As part of his latest execrable, relentlessly pretentious sermon* for the New York Times' op-ed section, Bono accused internet firms of profiting from copyright infringement** and refusing to take technical measures against it.
</preamble>

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/05/bono_talktalk/>

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: siljaline on
Also: "Bono Puts Policing Piracy Into His Next Decade Top 10"
<http://torrentfreak.com/bono-puts-policing-piracy-into-his-next-decade-top-10-100103/>

Ny Times Bono-Bit
<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/opinion/03bono.html?pagewanted=1>

From: Cronos on
siljaline wrote:
> <preamble>
> TalkTalk has branded U2 ** windbag Bono's *** intervention in the debate over illegal filesharing "outrageous", after he said efforts to block child pornography showed ISPs should be doing more to protect intellectual property.
>
> As part of his latest execrable, relentlessly pretentious sermon* for the New York Times' op-ed section, Bono accused internet firms of profiting from copyright infringement** and refusing to take technical measures against it.
> </preamble>
>
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/05/bono_talktalk/>
>
> Silj

Bono has been irrelevant for a long time now so most people just ignore
his rants.
From: siljaline on
Cronos wrote:
> Bono has been irrelevant for a long time now so most people just ignore
> his rants.

I know that, thanks for the reminder, I was just ranting.