From: Nok on
I'm doing the research about the atmospheric Radar.
I have some Radar's data on my hand in ".uf file" which written from C
language.
Unfortunately, I usually work on Fortran only.
So I don't have any knowledge about C and until now I can not open
that file.
I wanna open the uf file on Fortran, what should I do?
Could you help me please?
From: Louis Krupp on
Nok wrote:
> I'm doing the research about the atmospheric Radar.
> I have some Radar's data on my hand in ".uf file" which written from C
> language.
> Unfortunately, I usually work on Fortran only.
> So I don't have any knowledge about C and until now I can not open
> that file.
> I wanna open the uf file on Fortran, what should I do?
> Could you help me please?

A google search for ".uf file radar" turns up this:

ftp://ftp.sigmet.com/outgoing/manuals/program/cuf.pdf

Your choices are:

1. Find Fortran code to read this format (but you knew that).

2. Find a utility to translate this format into something that will be
easier to read in Fortran.

3. Find some C code that reads it, and figure out how to call the C
code from Fortran.

4. Now that you know how the file is structured, write your own Fortran
code to read it.

Louis
From: Woody on
The reference Louis gave describes the format of a C header file uf.h.
Given that source file, which should be available on that same site,
you should be able to read in the entire structure with a few reads.
It will be easiest to do this in C, using fread. You can get the data
transferred to your Fortran pgm by defining a module which has the
same structure and packing. One thing to watch out for is that the uf
data is big-endian, and, depending on what system you are using, you
may have to swap bytes.
From: robin on
"Nok" <pwetchayont(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:836bb73a-bff0-4e2c-87e7-2168c4198e39(a)k36g2000prb.googlegroups.com...
| I'm doing the research about the atmospheric Radar.
| I have some Radar's data on my hand in ".uf file" which written from C
| language.

What program wrote the data is largely irrelevant.

| Unfortunately, I usually work on Fortran only.
| So I don't have any knowledge about C and until now I can not open
| that file.

The file can be opened from a Fortran program.