From: SherrieB49 on
As access to the site referenced requires translation, I am posting here for
others. The answer at the website is as follows and does work.

"This 0x80070424 error means "ERROR SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST". Especially
indicates that the BITS service is not present in any way.

Usually common enough with the following: start > run, and type
Regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
and press Enter . If doesn't:

Start > run and typing each of these lines by pressing Enter at the end of
each:

net stop wuauserv

Regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll

Regsvr32.exe wups.dll

Regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll

Regsvr32.exe Msxml3.dll

Regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll

Regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll

net start wuauserv

Restart Windows and go again to Windows Update.

Note: the registration of all previous libraries can do with only download
and double click on it, this cmd file ."

From: MowGreen on
> "This 0x80070424 error means "ERROR SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST"

The question that still remains is ... *WHY* does the Service not exist?

The answer is usually the *presence of malware* or a destructive
antivirus that behaves as malware does.
EX: Norton or McAfee AVs distributed by ISPs at "no cost" to their Users.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"