From: someone watching on
Had to update the post as it doesn't fully explain what I'm trying to do. I
have two 'DOS' programs (which work in a CMD window) which I'd like executed
when the .CMD file is invoked, as follows:

@echo off
pushd f:\notepad
notepad (it's a popup 'dos' program invoked with a hotkey; works fine in a
typical CMD window)
calendar (another 'dos' program which pops up a very small calendar with
reminders and immediately terminates to the prompt)

trouble it the CMD window immediately terminates after executing the above.
If I use a PAUSE statement I can see the programs are launched and work as
they should ... but how to remain at a command prompt ??

TIA