From: MN on
Hello,
I am trying to troubleshoot a stored proc which as increased it's execution
time from 2hrs to 9hrs. The original code was written for SQL 2000 and I've
found an update stmt with the syntax above.

I've not seen the "option (shinkdb plan)" before. Does anyone know what it
is and what it does?
From: Erland Sommarskog on
MN (MN(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> I am trying to troubleshoot a stored proc which as increased it's
> execution time from 2hrs to 9hrs. The original code was written for SQL
> 2000 and I've found an update stmt with the syntax above.
>
> I've not seen the "option (shinkdb plan)" before. Does anyone know what
> it is and what it does?

Never seen it before, and it is not in Books Online. Furthermore, when I
try to use it, I get

Msg 1003, Level 15, State 2, Line 3
Line 3: SHRINKDB clause allowed only for DBCC.

Would it be possible for you to post the entire UPDATE statement?

Links for SQL Server Books Online: