From: Xiaofan Chen on
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Dries Van Puymbroeck
<dries.van.puymbroeck(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When a mutlifunction gadget has more than 1 configuration, Windows does not
> use its generic driver for multifunctional USB devices.

Sorry but what do you mean by the above?
As per the previous discussions, it seems that a registry entry hack
(for Vista and Windows 7) is needed.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff538059%28VS.85%29.aspx

> This commit adds an INF file that will load the required Windows driver
> as well as a short description in gadget_multi.txt

It seems to me your inf file forces the USB Generic
Parent Driver (for USB Composite Device) to load. But for which
configuration? I do not have any device to test myself. But
I tend to guess it will still be the first configuration (either
RNDIS or CDC ECM).

I did see something similar for WMCDC.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff538833%28VS.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff537100%28v=VS.85%29.aspx