From: Michał Nazarewicz on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:17:46 +0200, Michal Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz(a)samsung.com> wrote:
> This commit adds iSerialNumber to all gadgets that use the Mass
> Storage Function. It appears that Windows has problems when
> it is not set.
>
> Not to copy the same code all over again, a fsg_string_serial_fill()
> macro has been added to the storage_common.c file which is now also
> used in the File Storage Gadget.

This patch applies to the -next and will work on it but neither of the
patches will work on .35-rc3 or older.

I've been testing everything on -next forgetting that it is a bit
ahead of the .35-rc3 and that there is no usb_string_ids_tab() in

Therefore, as far as stable kernels are concerned, disregard those two
patches. I'll send an updated patch for stable in a minute.

Sorry about the confusion.

--
Best regards, _ _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--
From: Greg KH on
On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 03:42:19PM +0200, Michal Nazarewicz wrote:
> This commit adds iSerialNumber to all gadgets that use the Mass
> Storage Function. It appears that Windows has problems when
> it is not set.
>
> Not to copy the same code all over again, a fsg_string_serial_fill()
> macro has been added to the storage_common.c file which is now also
> used in the File Storage Gadget.

This patch conflicts with the patch in my tree:
Subject: USB: Add a serial number parameter to g_file_storage module

So, could you fix the above patch up to play nice with your change so
that I can accept it?

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Michał Nazarewicz on

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:34:25 +0200, Greg KH <greg(a)kroah.com> wrote:
> This patch conflicts with the patch in my tree:
> Subject: USB: Add a serial number parameter to g_file_storage module

Ah, there it is... I remembered this patch but couldn't find it so assumed
that it didn't make it to your tree after all. But there it is...

> So, could you fix the above patch up to play nice with your change so
> that I can accept it?

Sure thing. If I won't post it within 2h I'll do that after the weekend
(read Monday).

From: Greg KH on
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 08:58:11PM +0200, Michał Nazarewicz wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 03:42:19PM +0200, Michal Nazarewicz wrote:
> >>This commit adds iSerialNumber to all gadgets that use the Mass
> >>Storage Function. It appears that Windows has problems when
> >>it is not set.
> >>
> >>Not to copy the same code all over again, a fsg_string_serial_fill()
> >>macro has been added to the storage_common.c file which is now also
> >>used in the File Storage Gadget.
>
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:34:25 +0200, Greg KH <greg(a)kroah.com> wrote:
> >This patch conflicts with the patch in my tree:
> > Subject: USB: Add a serial number parameter to g_file_storage module
>
> Ah, there it is... I remembered this patch but couldn't find it so assumed
> that it didn't make it to your tree after all. But there it is...
>
> >So, could you fix the above patch up to play nice with your change so
> >that I can accept it?
>
> Sure thing. If I won't post it within 2h I'll do that after the weekend
> (read Monday).

Sounds good.

Note, Monday I'll be somewhere in Europe so my email access might be a
bit limited for that week.

thanks,

greg k-h
From: David Brownell on

> >> This commit adds iSerialNumber to all gadgets that
> use the Mass Storage Function.

Can it be made to do so only when the gadget
hasn't been provided with one already? Serial
number module options are standard parts of the
composite gadget framework...