From: Greg KH on
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 05:08:33PM +0200, Eric Lescouet wrote:
> The usbcore headers:hcd.h and hub.h are shared between usbcore,
> HCDs and a couple of other drivers (e.g. USBIP modules).
> So, it makes sense to move them into a more public location and
> to cleanup dependency of those modules on kernel internal headers.
> Both are moved into include/linux/usb/

Just move one at a time. Patches should do one thing only. So this
should be at least 2 patches.

And I thought you were going to rename hub.h to ch11.h instead?

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Greg KH on
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 08:35:01AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 05:08:33PM +0200, Eric Lescouet wrote:
> > The usbcore headers:hcd.h and hub.h are shared between usbcore,
> > HCDs and a couple of other drivers (e.g. USBIP modules).
> > So, it makes sense to move them into a more public location and
> > to cleanup dependency of those modules on kernel internal headers.
> > Both are moved into include/linux/usb/
>
> Just move one at a time. Patches should do one thing only. So this
> should be at least 2 patches.
>
> And I thought you were going to rename hub.h to ch11.h instead?

Oops, I now see patch 2 :)

Anyway, how about 3 patches here? Your last one is fine, but make the
first one into 2 different ones? One that does hcd.h and then one that
does hub.h.

thanks,

greg k-h