From: Ray on
Hi,

I had this problem too. Don't open the file... create a new sheet, go to the data tab and use 'from text'. Then you can select the encoding.

simple wrote:

Open UTF-8 in Excel 2007
22-Apr-08

I have UTF-8 encoded tab delimited data files. They have the UTF-8 header
"EF BB BF". These files would open up perfectly in Excel 2003, but in 2007
the special characters are all garbled. Is there a setting for Excel 2007 to
recognize UTF-8?

On Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:08 PM
simple wrote:

Open UTF-8 in Excel 2007
I have UTF-8 encoded tab delimited data files. They have the UTF-8 header
"EF BB BF". These files would open up perfectly in Excel 2003, but in 2007
the special characters are all garbled. Is there a setting for Excel 2007 to
recognize UTF-8?

On Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:24 AM
Entit wrote:

I'm in a like situation.
I am in a like situation. So far there iseems to be very little information on
this in the context of MS 2007 products... Did you happen to find a solution
since 4/22?

"simplex" wrote:

C# And The Little Iterator That Could
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f0cfca12-7398-4b84-a232-0ae26adaa533/c-and-the-little-iterato.aspx