From: RA Brown on
NoOp wrote:
> Rather interesting thread going on over on the Ubuntu dev discuss list...
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.discuss/11493
> [Remove OO Draw from the default install]
>
> I've not commented on the thread (yet) as I find Draw to be quite a nice
> addition to OOo. Comments/thoughts?

I agree with you, NoOp, it is bad enough that they do not install Base.

Andy

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Peter Junge on
Hi,

NoOp wrote:
> Rather interesting thread going on over on the Ubuntu dev discuss list...
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.discuss/11493
> [Remove OO Draw from the default install]

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.discuss/11493
seems to be better to review the whole thread.

> I've not commented on the thread (yet) as I find Draw to be quite a nice
> addition to OOo. Comments/thoughts?

I find the original question unqualified as the author obviously didn't
take any effort to dig deeper into the topic or working with Draw before
going to the list. The replies at the thread say most things that have
to be said.

Personally I live in Beijing/China. OOo market share is pretty low here:
http://www.webmasterpro.de/portal/news/2010/02/05/international-openoffice-market-shares.html
I was talking to some of my Chinese friends, who frequently work with
OOo. They are also using Draw and find the features rich and appealing.
However there are some issues for them, primarily complaining that there
isn't spend too much development effort on Draw, both regarding bug
fixes and lack of new features. As many Chinese users are loving to
create graphical artwork, my friends are sure that improvements for Draw
would also help the general OOo adoption in China. One of my friends
called Zhang Weiwu tried to spark a discussion about on a mailing list
(sorry, cannot remember which one) some months ago with little response
unfortunately.

Best regards,
Peter

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org