From: John on
Hi

sbs 2003 with exchange 2003. A user has deleted some sub folders that she
had created under Inbox in her outlook. How can we restore them? The folders
are not in Tools->Undelete. The limit on Exchange is set to 30 days.

Thanks

Regards

From: Nik on
Ok, guys i think I figured out my mistake. Can someone confirm.
When configuring the client, for both the exchange server setting and the
proxy server settings I place the front-end server as the value.
However, from what I've gathered now, I need the exchange server to be the
server which holds the mailbox and the proxy server to be the front-end.
Am I correct now?

From: Jim Behning SBS MVP on
SBS does not have a front end server. EBS does.

You do proxy stuff if you are doing Outlook Anywhere.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:41:49 -0400, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>Ok, guys i think I figured out my mistake. Can someone confirm.
>When configuring the client, for both the exchange server setting and the
>proxy server settings I place the front-end server as the value.
>However, from what I've gathered now, I need the exchange server to be the
>server which holds the mailbox and the proxy server to be the front-end.
>Am I correct now?
>

>"John" <info(a)nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> sbs 2003 with exchange 2003. A user has deleted some sub folders that she
>> had created under Inbox in her outlook. How can we restore them? The
>> folders are not in Tools->Undelete. The limit on Exchange is set to 30
>> days.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards

See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
From: Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] on
Sometimes they don't show up right away
It's like you have to do this once or twice for folders to show up?

In Outook 2003 2007
Select
"Deleted Items" Folder
Then select on toolbar: Tools > Recover Deleted Items
and sort by DATE
The folder should show up and you can restore it.

Russ

--
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:37:02 +0100, "John" <info(a)nospam.infovis.co.uk>
wrote:

>sbs 2003 with exchange 2003. A user has deleted some sub folders that she
>had created under Inbox in her outlook. How can we restore them? The folders
>are not in Tools->Undelete. The limit on Exchange is set to 30 days.

If the folders were simply deleted, they'd have been moved to the
"Deleted Items" folder. If the Deleted Items folder was then emptied
they'd be recoverable by selecting the Deleted Items folder and using
the Tools | Recover Deleted Items menu.

If the folders were hard-deleted (Shift+Delete) they wouldn't have
been move to the Delted Items folder. So select the Inbox and use the
Tools | Recover Deleted Items menu. You may have to modify the
registry to include the "DumpsterAlwayOn" value before that will work,
though. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630 (and ignore the
references to Exchange 5.5 and 2000).

Of course, it's possible that the folders weren't deleted at all, but
moved to another folder (or even to the root of the mailbox).
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP