From: J on
Hello,
SBS 2003 with Exchange sp2.

Unable to receive email from one domain (that I know of).

We are on no BLs; we have rDNS in place.

They receive no NDR.

Problem domain uses St. Bernard for email filtering incoming and
outgoing. SB sees the email sent to our email address and sees no
issues. (To me, it seems like it could be dns resolution
issue...maybe I should have asked SB to do an nslookup...forgot and
now on hold again!)

I don't see anything in the server log (I'm looking in C:\Program Files
\Exchsrvr\SERVER.log and seeing other successful emails....please let
me know if I should be looking somewhere else.

I inherited this server and it is multi homed running RAS firewall.
One NIC connnected to the router fromgroups.google.comocal network
switch. I don't know if this could be blocking for some reason, but I
don't see any indication of that.

Any ideas appreciated.
From: J on
On Jan 19, 1:51 pm, J <japhyrider2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> SBS 2003 with Exchange sp2.
>
> Unable to receive email from one domain (that I know of).
>
> We are on no BLs; we have rDNS in place.
>
> They receive no NDR.
>
> Problem domain uses St. Bernard for email filtering incoming and
> outgoing.  SB sees the email sent to our email address and sees no
> issues.  (To me, it seems like it could be dns resolution
> issue...maybe I should have asked SB to do an nslookup...forgot and
> now on hold again!)
>
> I don't see anything in the server log (I'm looking in C:\Program Files
> \Exchsrvr\SERVER.log and seeing other successful emails....please let
> me know if I should be looking somewhere else.
>
> I inherited this server and it is multi homed running RAS firewall.
> One NIC connnected to the router fromgroups.google.comocal network
> switch.  I don't know if this could be blocking for some reason, but I
> don't see any indication of that.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

Woops....sorry about all the dups...I was getting "server busy...try
again in 30 secs" over and over
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
What I would do is, from the sending domain's Exchange (or whatever) server,
open a telnet session on port 25 to the mail host specified by your MX
record and try sending a message.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Falcon ITS on
Hello J,

Have you checked Exchange message tracking ?

Is the message entering the message tracking?

Do you have third party spam filter?

Do you have Exchange Filtering Set up? Connection Filtering, Intelligent
Mesage Filtering?

Is the sending domain's IP on any RBL's?

Can the sender telnet on port 25 from their IP to your Exchange Server?

Cheers,

Miguel Fra

--
Miguel Fra / Falcon ITS
http://www.falconits.com

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:51:36 -0800 (PST), J <japhyrider2005(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>SBS 2003 with Exchange sp2.
>
>Unable to receive email from one domain (that I know of).
>
>We are on no BLs; we have rDNS in place.
>
>They receive no NDR.
>
>Problem domain uses St. Bernard for email filtering incoming and
>outgoing. SB sees the email sent to our email address and sees no
>issues. (To me, it seems like it could be dns resolution
>issue...maybe I should have asked SB to do an nslookup...forgot and
>now on hold again!)
>
>I don't see anything in the server log (I'm looking in C:\Program Files
>\Exchsrvr\SERVER.log and seeing other successful emails....please let
>me know if I should be looking somewhere else.

Have you enabled logging on the SMTP Virtual Server? The SMTP protocol
log will show you whether you're receiving the message or not.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP