From: LewB on
All internet suggestions regarding slipstreaming SP3 in preparation for doing
a clean computer install require use of Command Prompt. When I get to that
part and try to integrate an error message appears:
"WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" is not recognized as an internal or
external comma, operable program or batch file.". Appreciate suggestions to
get around this "road block"
--
LJB
From: smlunatick on
On Apr 20, 1:01 pm, LewB <whois...(a)hotmail.com(sparethespam)> wrote:
> All internet suggestions regarding slipstreaming SP3 in preparation for doing
> a clean computer install require use of Command Prompt.  When I get to that
> part and try to integrate an error message appears:
>   "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" is not recognized as an internal or
> external comma, operable program or batch file.".   Appreciate suggestions to
> get around this "road block"
> --
> LJB

Have you tried AutoStreamer or nLite? These are tools to help with
creating a slipstreamed CD image
From: Mark Adams on

"LewB" wrote:

> All internet suggestions regarding slipstreaming SP3 in preparation for doing
> a clean computer install require use of Command Prompt. When I get to that
> part and try to integrate an error message appears:
> "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" is not recognized as an internal or
> external comma, operable program or batch file.". Appreciate suggestions to
> get around this "road block"
> --
> LJB

Try nlite:

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html
From: Daave on
LewB wrote:
> All internet suggestions regarding slipstreaming SP3 in preparation
> for doing a clean computer install require use of Command Prompt.
> When I get to that part and try to integrate an error message appears:
> "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" is not recognized as an
> internal or external comma, operable program or batch file.".
> Appreciate suggestions to get around this "road block"

Lew, please post a link to the directions you used. (Perhaps it had a
typo.)

Another option is to use a program like Nlite:

http://www.nliteos.com/

From: LewB on
I tried to download nlite and it won't let me. Says there is an error and
has to do with the referrer or virus/firewalls. I disabled the AV program
with the firewall, added a referrer patch to Firefox but still won't download
to my computer. How do you use Autostreamer?
--
LJB

"smlunatick" wrote:

> On Apr 20, 1:01 pm, LewB <whois...(a)hotmail.com(sparethespam)> wrote:
> > All internet suggestions regarding slipstreaming SP3 in preparation for doing
> > a clean computer install require use of Command Prompt. When I get to that
> > part and try to integrate an error message appears:
> > "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" is not recognized as an internal or
> > external comma, operable program or batch file.". Appreciate suggestions to
> > get around this "road block"
> > --
> > LJB
>
> Have you tried AutoStreamer or nLite? These are tools to help with
> creating a slipstreamed CD image
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3