From: Don_Texas on

A mysterious, undeletable mark appeared in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. It
looks like a forward slash, but half-length and more sloped (45-deg.).
It won't delete, but it copies to other cells and to an empty
spreadsheet! (copy available). Writing in or pasting to the cell merely
overlays the mark, and doesn't replace it. It does not show in the
formula-data entry box (fx). Font color cannot be changed from black. It
is left justified, independent of cell width, and won't format
center-justified or right-justified. It remains after saving and
reopening the spreadsheet. Any clues how to get rid of this?

--
Don_Texas
From: Jim Cone on

Have you tried just deleting the row or column that it is in?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Don_Texas"
<Don_Texas.64a2e19(a)officefrustration.com>
From: Jacob Skaria on
Press F5 and click 'Special' and select 'Objects'>OK...whoch should select
all objects. Then press 'Delete' key

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Don_Texas on

Yeah! Perfect! Selecting the mark in one cell simultaneously selects all
copies of the mark in other cells, surprising to me.--Don_Texas

--
Don_Texas