From: Anton Erasmus on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 05:03:30 -0700 (PDT), Enrico <zigbee(a)libero.it>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I'm designing a board with an ARM controller and I need to store a
>unique ID (32 bit integer) in the application.
>
> Are there any ways to do it?
>
>They told me that some flashers are able to modify the .s19/.elf
>executable file just before programming the flash.
>Is that true?

Look at srecord
http://sourceforge.net/projects/srecord/

It can be used for manipulation of almost any type of output file.

Regards
Anton Erasmus
From: cbarn24050 on
On Jul 9, 1:03 pm, Enrico <zig...(a)libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm designing a board with an ARM controller and I need to store a
> unique ID (32 bit integer) in the application.
>
>  Are there any ways to do it?
>
> They told me that some flashers are able to modify the .s19/.elf
> executable file just before programming the flash.
> Is that true?
>
> Ciao,
> Enrico

You could use a dallas memory, uses 1 pin for read write, has unique
ser number, a one time writable memory word location as well as some
flash mem.
From: Leon on
On 9 July, 13:03, Enrico <zig...(a)libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm designing a board with an ARM controller and I need to store a
> unique ID (32 bit integer) in the application.
>
>  Are there any ways to do it?
>
> They told me that some flashers are able to modify the .s19/.elf
> executable file just before programming the flash.
> Is that true?
>
> Ciao,
> Enrico

When a colleague needed something like that for an AVR application, I
wrote an m4 macro that added a serial number to the assembler file. A
DOS batch file ran the macro that incremented the serial number,
assembled the program, and programmed the chip.