From: Jason Barnett on
Is there a way to retrieve a unique identifier for a client browser instance,
from within an ASP.NET page?

I would like to identify a specific browser on a specific machine. I can
determine the machine's IP address, but I don't know how to retrieve a unique
browser ID (i.e. PID).
From: Scott M. on
There is no such ID to obtain.

-Scott

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Jason Barnett" <JasonBarnett(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to retrieve a unique identifier for a client browser
> instance,
> from within an ASP.NET page?

No.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Miro on
I beleive the closest you can get is just get the Session - and that is
browser specific,
but not window specific ( within the browser )

M.

From: Scott M. on

"Miro" <miro(a)beero.com> wrote in message
>I beleive the closest you can get is just get the Session - and that is
>browser specific,
> but not window specific ( within the browser )
>
> M.

Actually, session ID's are issued by the server, and so, they are not
browser-specific. In fact, they have more to do with the browser window
than they do with the browser application, since one session cannot span
multiple browser windows, but one browser could have many sessions going
simultaneously.

-Scott