From: vikash.iitb on
Hi,

What do you use for unit testing in PHP? phpUnit, SimpleTest or any other?

Thanks,
Vikash Kumar
--
http://vika.sh
From: Ken Guest on
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM, <vikash.iitb(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you use for unit testing in PHP? phpUnit, SimpleTest or any other?

Ages ago, when it was new and shiny I did use SimpleTest. Now I mostly use
phpunit - though where necessary (for example if I'm patching a PEAR package
that uses them) I use phpt tests ( http://qa.php.net/write-test.php ).

If you're starting out on something [new] that doesn't yet have unit tests,
I'd suggest phpunit.

hth

Ken

--
http://blogs.linux.ie/kenguest/
From: Pavan Keshavamurthy on
On Thursday 17 Jun 2010 3:21:18 pm vikash.iitb(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you use for unit testing in PHP? phpUnit, SimpleTest or any other?

I tend to prefer SimpleTest. Mock Objects and the Web UI are IMO, way better
than what they are with PHPUnit (the last I saw of it). Besides, everything
comes as a package => much easier to set it up.

As far as CI-tools go, phpUnderControl supports only PHPUnit (out of the box).
Phing supports both PHPUnit and SimpleTest painlessly.
--
Best Regards
Pavan K Murthy
From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: vikash

> What do you use for unit testing in PHP? phpUnit, SimpleTest or any
other?

I use Mike Lively's "PHP TAP Test Harness" with test-more.php from the
"Apache Test Harness." This requires a CLI interpreter be installed. I
was already familiar with the equivalent packages in Perl, and this is
mostly a port of them into PHP. In addition to that, I have written my
own db_dummy.php to emulate the PostgreSQL library in PHP.

I have no class, so the OOP test modules are of no use to me. After 40
years of procedural programming, I simply cannot see anything as
objects.

Bob McConnell
From: Adam Richardson on

> From: vikash
>
> > What do you use for unit testing in PHP? phpUnit, SimpleTest or any
> other?

SimpleTest because of the flexibility.

Adam

--
Nephtali: PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com

Pages: 1
Prev: User's IP Validation
Next: Date Conversion Problem