From: Steen Larsen on
Hi,

I have tried to make a universal IR capture for a Freescale MC9S12NE64.

My gold is that the output from the controller is compatible with the
Philips Pronto format ( http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/prontoirformats.pdf)

The program I been writing is working fine on the remote controls I have on
hand.

However, the problem is that when I finally think that I have made it
universal, I find a new remote control that does things a different way.

So now I am looking for some information on how to make I universal one for
all.

Any ideas?

Regards

Steen

From: Sudip on
Steen Larsen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have tried to make a universal IR capture for a Freescale MC9S12NE64.
>
> My gold is that the output from the controller is compatible with the
> Philips Pronto format ( http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/prontoirformats.pdf)
>

> The program I been writing is working fine on the remote controls I have on
> hand.
>

> However, the problem is that when I finally think that I have made it
> universal, I find a new remote control that does things a different way.
>

> So now I am looking for some information on how to make I universal one for
> all.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Regards
>

> Steen

Well, is it at all possible to do a universal remote? how r u going to
take care of the device id which is unique for each remote within the
same code? I am not aware of the pronto format, u have specified above,
can u just elaborate a little.
And, can u also specify whats ur requirement? I mean, do u wanna write
a driver supporting every protocols? I wrote a driver which could
support RC5, RC6, RMAP, NEC if the carrier frequency fell in the
supporting range of the decoder in the box and if the device ID's
matched.

Sudip

Pages: 1
Prev: Parallax Propeller