From: VistaVib on
My OS is Microsoft Vista Utimate 64-bit. I have about 4 security updates
that continually fail. Here is one. I have done the troubleshooting and
retried downloading KB930178 again. Same error message 8007007B. I have
read MS07-021 and Knowledge Base Article KB930178 w/o gaining much help. I
called Microsoft PC Safety 866-727-23389. They tried several remedies by
remote access w/o success. Conclusion: Suggested reinstall OS. What can I
do? This seems drastic. If there is a solution, I will attempt to apply it
to the other failed updates.
From: MowGreen on
Vista x64, Vista x64 SP1, or Vista x64 SP2 ?

Since KB930178 came out in April of 2007, it seems logical that it was
included in subsequent Service Packs. If no SPs have been installed ...

What are the File versions of csrsrv.dll and winsrv.dll ?
They'll be located in Windows\System 32
*Right* click them and choose Properties, then click the Details tab.

What were the other Security updates that failed to install ?
And, finally, could you give us a clue as to what MS Support attempted
to do so that we don't waste your time ?
Thanks.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"