From: Erland Sommarskog on
sirrahhc via SQLMonster.com (u58702(a)uwe) writes:
> Hey guys, I guess I need to correct myself. The trigger is working, but
> only on the back end. When I change the field in the LegalAssistant
> table it does indeed update the MSUHearing1 table, but only on the back
> end. When I pull up the app and look it is not updating on the
> frontend. Weird....I will continue to play with and let you guys know
> what I find, thanks!!

If you want the trigger to update you see on the client, you will need
to do quite some work. The easiest is surely to requery.

Keep in mind that your client and SQL Server are disjunct processes,
communicating over a TCP/IP connection, and there is no way SQL Server
can update the client's memory space over that connection.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: