From: Hawk on
When I go to the update page this erros pop's up.............

[Error number: 0x8DDD0018]
Windows Update cannot continue because a required service application is
disabled. Windows Update requires the following services:
Automatic Updates enables detection, downloading, and installation of
critical updates for your computer.
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) enables faster, restartable
downloading of updates.
Event Log logs Windows Update events for troubleshooting. To ensure that
these services are enabled:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, right-click the service name, and then click
Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic.
5. Verify that the service status is started.

The items listed are on auto, MS's version of java is running, tried with
my firewall disabled, rebooted my PC.......Same erroer every time.
MS has no listing of this error in it's FAQ's when I search...."Go
figure";-)

Anyone else running into this problem?........ Found a solution?

Thanks.

From: Hawk on
I might add the last time I did a manual update all worked fine.

From: Fred on
I've got the same problem that just started today. The last time I updated,
about a week ago, everything worked fine. The required services are running.
I am wonderng if Microsoft has changed some of their software.

From: Maureen Goldman on
>"Fred" <Fred(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've got the same problem that just started today. The last time I updated,
>about a week ago, everything worked fine. The required services are running.
> I am wonderng if Microsoft has changed some of their software.

In Control Panel \ Security Centre, do you have Automatic Updates
selected? If not, do so. You can turn it off again after the download.
(In my case, for whatever reason, I never had to activate it again,
and manual updates have gone smoothly.)

From: Hawk on
Thanks Maureen, it (the auto update did down load the latest updates)...
Alas manual still does not work, so until MS tech figures out what is going
on, I mdae a shortcut to the "auto updates" on the desktop and will just get
my checks by turning it on and off as needed ;-D

"Maureen Goldman" wrote:

> >"Fred" <Fred(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I've got the same problem that just started today. The last time I updated,
> >about a week ago, everything worked fine. The required services are running.
> > I am wonderng if Microsoft has changed some of their software.
>
> In Control Panel \ Security Centre, do you have Automatic Updates
> selected? If not, do so. You can turn it off again after the download.
> (In my case, for whatever reason, I never had to activate it again,
> and manual updates have gone smoothly.)
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: KB888302