From: Jamo on
The Rubic data is updated on a weekly basis and I have a field for the week
ending.To answer Tom's question,if the teacher does not know the student
id,why is it there.The reason is that if the teacher sees two students with
the same name,it will be a flag to go and find what the students id are.I do
have a student name table with their id and names. I guess I took the easy
route.Being new to access I was not sure how to do what Tom is
recommending.How would I do what you are suggesting Tom
Center for technica education

From: seed on

thanks for info, useful for me...

--
seed
seed's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1037

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Jamo on
I took all you folks advice and revised my tables and followed you
suggestions and the good news is that I go twhat I wanted. Thanks to all of
you,good job.Thank you so much.
--

"Jamo" wrote:

> The Rubic data is updated on a weekly basis and I have a field for the week
> ending.To answer Tom's question,if the teacher does not know the student
> id,why is it there.The reason is that if the teacher sees two students with
> the same name,it will be a flag to go and find what the students id are.I do
> have a student name table with their id and names. I guess I took the easy
> route.Being new to access I was not sure how to do what Tom is
> recommending.How would I do what you are suggesting Tom
> Center for technica education
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > Jamo,
> >
> > I concur with Tom that your design of the tables is incorrect. Please
> > explain what the fields beside student name and StudentID are in the Rubic
> > table so I can suggest a better design of your tables. Are the Rubic rable
> > fields dated so you enter them throughout the school year?
> >
> > Steve
> > santus(a)penn.com
> >

> > "Jamo" <Jamo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > --
> > > Center for technica education
> > >
> > > I have Two Tables ,a Student Name Table with Two Fields, Student Id and
> > > Student Name the other table is a Rubic Table and has the same two fields
> > > along with other fields. I have created a form with a combo box(Names) on
> > > the
> > > form and I am trying to get the Name and the Student Id to be entered into
> > > the into the Rubic Table fields but I can't seem to get the Student Id to
> > > be
> > > entered. I know I am doing something stupid but I can't seem to make it
> > > work.
> > > Thank you in advance for all the help. You guys are great.
> >

> > .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Tracking Log