Prev: Thanks!
Next: noticias
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:56:01 -0700, forest8
<forest8(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi again
>
>I won't be able to get my split database from my users until the
>administrator returns from holidays.
>
>Can I work on my version of the database (BE and FE) and then somehow add to
>the users' version when he sends it to me?

The frontend, sure; but the changes to the backend must be made in their
backend. That's where all their working information is! Your copy of the
backend (I presume) does not contain the information that they are entering,
so any changes that you make to its structure are irrelevant.

The only out would be to make the changes in your copy of the backend, and
then write a whole mess of append queries to let you link to their backend and
append all the data into the new backend.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
First  |  Prev  |