From: Robert Hindla on
Having moved a 2000 domain to a 2008 domain via Adprep, I figured the
W2K3 to W2K8 process would be pretty much the same.

This time, however, I'm advised in the W2K8 readme file, to leave the schema
master plugged into the the network while the adprep /forestprep process
runs.

The readme file for the W2K3 product titled

Windows Server 2033, Enterprise Edition
Setup Text Files, Part 1 of 6:
Getting Rready for an Upgrade or a New Installation

Covered the process in detail. Is there any set of detailed instructions
for Windows Server 2008?

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Robert,

Check out this ones: