From: Brian on
I have just began to look into this. We have a license for Exchange Server
2010 Standard Edition. We currently have exchange 2007. Should I upgrade?

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:07:54 -0600, "Brian" <brokenframe(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have just began to look into this. We have a license for Exchange Server
>2010 Standard Edition. We currently have exchange 2007. Should I upgrade?

Look at the features in 2010. Do you need to move to 2010? What
business case would be satisfied by moving to 2010?
From: Brian on
Well,
Our exchange server is in poor shape and needs to be rebuilt. I figured
since I was going to rebuild anyways, I would upgrade.
I am actually getting another server and going to build it and then migrate
the data. So any opinions? Do I move up, or stick with 2k7?

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:05:38 -0600, "Brian" <brokenframe(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Well,
> Our exchange server is in poor shape and needs to be rebuilt. I figured
>since I was going to rebuild anyways, I would upgrade.
>I am actually getting another server and going to build it and then migrate
>the data. So any opinions? Do I move up, or stick with 2k7?

I have no idea. Do you need to move to 2010? Have you looked at
microsoft.com/exchange and checked the features? Have you looked at
your support cycles and decided that you will be so far out of support
by the time you're ready to do Exchange v-next?