From: dzz on
Where do can I download the linux software for using a thinclient on
USB stick. I found this:

I was looking for an easier way to just extract to a USB and install
or run from a PC.
From: Dreamwalker on
On Dec 3, 2:01 am, dzz <gl4...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Where do can I download the linux software for using a thinclient on
> USB stick. I found this:
>
> http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html
>
> I was looking for an easier way to just extract to a USB and install
> or run from a PC.

Try damn small linux, slax, R.I.P., or simply try googling harder :)

Greets

Dreamwalker
From: Douglas Mayne on
On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:01:15 -0800, dzz wrote:

> Where do can I download the linux software for using a thinclient on USB
> stick. I found this:
>
> http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html
>
> I was looking for an easier way to just extract to a USB and install or
> run from a PC.

The dramatic increase in flash memory capacity allows a fairly "fat" thin
client. I am not sure what target size of root filesystem that you are
shooting for, but you don't have to "cut" too much for standard Slackware
to fit on flash devices which are commonly available today (2G, 4G, 8G,
etc.)

Maybe you could give more details of what you are trying to do, and what
is tripping you up.

--
Douglas Mayne
From: Peter Chant on
Dreamwalker wrote:

> Try damn small linux, slax, R.I.P., or simply try googling harder :)

I'm not sure about the rest, but Slax would be a good bet if you are a
slacker. Though it has some fundamentally different base cocepts,
filesystem re4lated, it is slackbased and obviously so. I've booted before
and used chroot, or perhaps pivot root, to change to a slack root
filesystem on another drive (usb hdd) and it did not hiccup.

It is trivially easy, using the tools provided to convert slackware packages
into Slax modules - they are based on slackbuilds.