From: Noob on
I have a 2008R2 x64 Terminal Server and I need to allow users to run a .exe
file. I keep getting the UAC warning and it wants a username and password.
It is complaining about the publisher being unknown. This works for the admin
account but I need it to work for normal users on this terminal server. I
have raised the “Privilege Level” and changed the “Compatibility mode” and I
have lowered UAC but I am not able to get by this. There was an old KB
article but that was pulled so no luck there and I do not want to turn off
UAC.

Is a way to get this to work?

From: PvdG42 on

"Noob" <Noob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a 2008R2 x64 Terminal Server and I need to allow users to run a
> .exe
> file. I keep getting the UAC warning and it wants a username and
> password.
> It is complaining about the publisher being unknown. This works for the
> admin
> account but I need it to work for normal users on this terminal server.
> have raised the “Privilege Level” and changed the “Compatibility mode” and
> have lowered UAC but I am not able to get by this. There was an old KB
> article but that was pulled so no luck there and I do not want to turn off
> UAC.
>
> Is a way to get this to work?

There may well be, but you're unlikely to get useful answers in this .NET
Framework discussion group. Try this to find a server group.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Servers. In the Servers
subcategory, find and open the Windows Server subcategory. Find a group
there for
your question.

From: Noob on
Thank you :)