From: ing.mnavarro on
Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs
(system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use
them in the calculator.

Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
they work (run) in the emulator?

I also need to install the Sdiag directory in the emulator. This
directory most be in the SD CARD of the hp 50g and i dont have a SD
CARD in the emulator. How can i do it?

Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?

Thanks!!!
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
no lib works from the SD
use Flash instead (unless noted otherwise)

From: ing.mnavarro on
On 17 sep, 14:04, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen"
<velipekka.nousiai...(a)saunalahti.fi> wrote:
> no lib works from the SD
> use Flash instead (unless noted otherwise)
>
> <ing.mnava...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs
> > (system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use
> > them in the calculator.
>
> > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
> > they work (run) in the emulator?
>
> > I also need to install the Sdiag directory in the emulator. This
> > directory most be in the SD CARD of the hp 50g and i dont have a SD
> > CARD in the emulator.  How can i do it?
>
> > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?
>
> > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
> > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
> >http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?
>
> > Thanks!!!- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Its not a librery, its a DIRECTORY
From: Eric Rechlin on
<ing.mnavarro(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
> they work (run) in the emulator?

Yes, they should. Because the emulator has only a subset of the
functionality of the real calculator (no SD card and no ARM assembly
support), anything that works in the emulator should work on a calculator
with the same ROM version. Of course, it's possible you could write
something that could exploit a bug in the emulator, but Emu48 is pretty well
tested so that is unlikely to occur.

> Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

No. If the program is small enough to fit in the built-in emulator, you
might be able to modify it to run from another port, but at present there is
no SD card support in Emu48.

Hopefully someone who has researched the SD card support of the 49g+/50g
(like one of the hpgcc guys, perhaps, or maybe someone from HP) can explain
their findings so support for a virtual SD card could be added to Emu48.

> Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
> more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
> http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?

You can use 49G skins for 49g+/50g emulation with minimal changes. Just
increase the size of the screen in the bitmap, edit the KML in a few places
(setting the Model to "Q", the Class to 50 and the Lcd Offset to the new
position, and adjust the offset of the keys by the same amount if you moved
them to accommodate the bigger screen), and, if desired, relabel the small
number of key labels that changed.

I personally use my own Real 50g skin, which only has a 2x zoom screen, with
Emu48 for the 50g, but if you prefer something with a 4x zoom screen like
the above but with a 50g skin like mine, you would have to edit my bitmap to
rearrange things and fix all the coordinates in the KML.

Regards,

Eric Rechlin

From: ing.mnavarro on
On 18 sep, 16:07, "Eric Rechlin" <e...(a)hpcalc.org> wrote:
> <ing.mnava...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
> > they work (run) in the emulator?
>
> Yes, they should.  Because the emulator has only a subset of the
> functionality of the real calculator (no SD card and no ARM assembly
> support), anything that works in the emulator should work on a calculator
> with the same ROM version.  Of course, it's possible you could write
> something that could exploit a bug in the emulator, but Emu48 is pretty well
> tested so that is unlikely to occur.
>
> > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?
>
> No.  If the program is small enough to fit in the built-in emulator, you
> might be able to modify it to run from another port, but at present there is
> no SD card support in Emu48.
>
> Hopefully someone who has researched the SD card support of the 49g+/50g
> (like one of the hpgcc guys, perhaps, or maybe someone from HP) can explain
> their findings so support for a virtual SD card could be added to Emu48.
>
> > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
> > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
> >http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?
>
> You can use 49G skins for 49g+/50g emulation with minimal changes.  Just
> increase the size of the screen in the bitmap, edit the KML in a few places
> (setting the Model to "Q", the Class to 50 and the Lcd Offset to the new
> position, and adjust the offset of the keys by the same amount if you moved
> them to accommodate the bigger screen), and, if desired, relabel the small
> number of key labels that changed.
>
> I personally use my own Real 50g skin, which only has a 2x zoom screen, with
> Emu48 for the 50g, but if you prefer something with a 4x zoom screen like
> the above but with a 50g skin like mine, you would have to edit my bitmap to
> rearrange things and fix all the coordinates in the KML.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric Rechlin

Thank you very much for your help. I all ready finish my Emu48 skin to
emulate hp 50g (Horizontal50g). I uploaded it to hpcalc.org.

Now i will start to work on hp 50g version of my graphic editor
CAD49:
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/graphics/editors/cad49.zip

In this software you can take small objects from a menu (for example:
chairs, tables, beds... ) and combine them to create a big drawing
(for example: a house)

What i really want is to use this graphic engine to create diferent
kind of simulations. The user will can asigne some properties to the
difentes elements to interact each other. It can be usefull for
example in a electronic circuit simulator, in structural desigh or to
create games or animations.

But maybe its going to take me some time