From: NDBC on
I have a tag reading system that can stream data to hyperterminal. Is there a
way to capture data that is going into hyperterminal and send it to excel in
realtime.

Thanks
From: Joel on
I assume the data is going across an ethernet and not on a RS232 connection.
the answer would be different. It also depends on the software that is
available on the tag reading system. Do you want the data to capture the
data in both directions?

If you where using an RS232 connection you could connect the RS232 line
from the tag reading system to the hyperteminal to a a 2nd connection on you
PC serial port and then write software in VBA that would open the port and
read the data into an excel spreadsheet.

If the conection is an ethernet a similar porocess would have to take place
as with the RS232 port. the Tag device would be sending the data to an
Ethernet IP address and a port number. You would have to open an ethernet
connection to the port number to get the recieve the data using VBA. It is
possible but I have never attempted to do this from VBA. You would need to
access the Win32 Dll to open the port to get the data. You would have to
find the standard ethernet port number that the tag device uses to get the
data. It isn't simple.