From: Oh_no on
I have an Outlook Express account that has 87 new messages since my having
installed a new operating system and logging into Outlook Express. I have a
backup of the mailbox prior to all the work on the operating system.

The OS is now XP Pro. Is there a way to import the old messages and append
them to the account as it is now, vs replacing the 87 new messages with all
the old messages?

I've read:

How to back up and recover Outlook Express data
Article ID : 270670 Revision : 3.0

The article does not mention if the messages append or are copied over the
messages currently in the account. I'm assuming that it copies over.

Thanks for your help!
From: Oh_no on
I've restored the address book and moved all messages from the Inbox to a new
folder under Local folders (at the same level as Inbox etc.). When I follow
the instructions for importing the message file (.iaf), I receive the
following message:
"The import did not complete because an error occurred."

I've search in mircosoft and google and find a few people who have the same
message but no "fix". Does anyone here know what to do next? Since I have
the file shouldn't I be able to place it where it goes, or does the import do
more than move the file?