From: CharlesL on
Hello, looking for a quick way to find out all the SQL server versions in a
domain....

Currently I have a table with all the SQL names in the first column, such
as:

Table Name: SERVERS

SERVERS
SQLSERVER1
SQLSERVER2
SQLSERVER3
SQLSERVER4
SQLSERVER5
SQLSERVER6
etc
etc

I would like to run a serverproperty query against each of these names
without having to connect to each of the servers Managment Studios and then
running a query - so my assumption is I need to have something like:

USE @SERVERNAME

Use a loop and Define the @SERVERNAME parameter with the next entry in the
field from the above table, and then for each server run

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY ('MachineName') as Instance,

SERVERPROPERTY ('Edition') as Edition,

SERVERPROPERTY ('ProductVersion') as Version,

SERVERPROPERTY ('ProductLevel') as [Product Level],

SERVERPROPERTY ('LicenseType') as License,

SERVERPROPERTY ('NumLicenses') as [License Number],

SERVERPROPERTY ('ServerName') as [Server Name],

SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel') as Level,

Anyone have any ideas?

LOOP until it reads through all the

From: Plamen Ratchev on
If you create linked servers to each of the servers then you can
execute a query against each linked server and obtain the info. But
without connecting to each server instance you cannot retrieve it.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com